Lorex products are subject to sales tax in certain U.S. states and Canadian provinces. Sales tax is generally calculated using the total selling price of each item and the shipping destination.
ABOUT SALES TAX
Which shipping destinations are subject to sales tax?
Tax will be collected in all States, except:
- New Hampshire
Which Canadian destinations are subjected to sales tax?
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
NOTE: The amount of sales tax may vary depending on the state and county where your items are shipped to.
Sales Tax Determination and Tax-Exemption Related
Looking For A Tax Exemption?
How is sales tax determined?
Sales tax is generally calculated using the total selling price of each item and the rate is based on the shipping destination. In accordance with state tax laws, the total selling price of an item will generally include item-level shipping and handling charges, item-level discounts, and an allocation of order-level shipping and handling charges and order-level discounts. Factors affecting the determination of sales tax can change between the time you place an order and the time of credit card charge authorization. Therefore, the amount of tax specified on your order may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged.
I possess a tax exemption certificate
Tax-exempt individuals and entities in the United States can request a tax exemption before order. We will need a copy of your tax-exempt certificate and the billing name on the order must match the name on the certificate. The shipping address must also match the state that issued the tax exemption documentation.
How do I remove the sales tax on my order using my tax exemption certificate?
Lorex will accept re-seller certificates and multi-jurisdictional sales certificates in order to be tax exempt if the following criteria are met:
- Documents must include our vendor name and be made out to
"Lorex Technology Inc."
- The NAME and ADDRESS on the orders billing information must be identical to the NAME and ADDRESS on the tax exempt/re-seller certification documentation. An image of the credit card (please block first 9 digits) may be requested in order to verify this.
- A re-seller certificate or tax exempt documentation is MANDATORY for all orders including those for non-profit organizations and government agencies. Please do not send any IRS letters, applications to a state or W9 forms.
- The shipping address and the billing address for the order must be in the SAME state or the re-seller certificate/tax exempt document will NOT be accepted
- Customers who have submitted documentation in the past may be subject to updating their information in order to keep our records updated.
- ALL TAX EXEMPT and RE-SELLER CERTIFICATES must have the SIGNATURE of the purchaser or else the documentation will not be accepted.