1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Fusion™ capabilities are limited to 2 wireless devices per system. Wireless devices require an available channel on the NVR as well as a sufficient signal strength between the device(s) and your Wi-Fi router for video streaming. For full details on Wi-Fi cameras compatibility and instructions, visit www.lorex.com/pages/fusion.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection Plus or Person and Vehicle Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object
By combing our latest N842 Series NVR, eight 4K Smart Active Deterrence cameras and Smart Sensor Starter Kit, this security camera system will provide you with the highest quality recording and the smartest features to protect your property. Featuring Smart Motion Detection Plus (either Face Detection or Smart Motion Detection), Active Deterrence LED lights and siren, two-way talk audio, this system is designed to stop potential events before happen. The NVR also includes a large hard drive for private local recording with no monthly fees and is easily connected to our Lorex Home App for easy remote viewing and motion notifications. The included cameras are fully weatherproof and can withstand all types of extreme weather, making this a perfect outdoor security camera system for any size of home.
4K NVR can support up to 8 cameras
8 × 4K Smart Deterrence IP cameras
Maximum night vision range
Maximum capacity 1 × 6TB hard drive
Experience the 4K difference
Thanks to the camera's powerful 8MP image sensor, you'll experience the difference that 4K resolution makes when it comes to your security. 4K means there are more than 8 million pixels, and that results in sharper video, realistic color representation and superior digital zoom capabilities.
Smart Motion Detection Plus
Limit motion detection notifications with Smart Motion Detection Plus. This feature offers the option of either Face Detection or Person and Vehicle Detection.
Perfect for front doors and entranceways, Face Detection will only notify you of motion events when a face has been detected. This prevents motion notifications from people or vehicles simply passing by and not coming towards the camera. You can also easily preview all the different faces that the camera has captured for quick reference. This feature can be used on two different channels at one time4. You can also review and filter only face detection events in Smart Search.
Person and Vehicle Detection
Smart Person and Vehicle Detection helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. Recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function.
Take an active stance against uninvited guests
This camera comes with plenty of features that will help ward off uninvited guests. First, there is a motion-activated warning light that can be customized to only be triggered when a person or vehicle is detected. Second, there is a remote-triggered siren that you can control from your Lorex Home app. When the camera sensors detect motion, the system will send a notification directly to your phone, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off a warning alert.
Listen-in Audio and Two-Way Talk
A built-in speaker and microphone allows for crystal-clear audio functionality. Listen-in audio recording will add a whole new dimension to your overall security monitoring, as it can provide additional details (like a voice) should an incident occur. This camera also has a speaker that allows you to communicate with others through the camera using the Lorex Home app. *
*Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its products that fails to conform with local laws.
Protect the things that matter with Safeguard
Lorex's Safeguard™ technology is perfect if you have very specific objects or areas that you need to to monitor. The feature allows you to set-up to three "Missing" areas and one "Left Behind" area. The Missing feature allows you to select important objects of value that you would want to be notified if they are removed from the area. Conversely, the Left Behind feature allows you to select an area to be notified if something is added.
See in color through the night
This camera features our revolutionary Color Night Vision™ (CNV) technology, which will produce full-color video with the help of external lighting around the camera. CNV also adds a further level of detail (the color of clothes or cars, for example), and increases contrast for easier detection and recognition of people and objects. In regular nighttime conditions that are too dark for CNV to render full-color images, this camera will use it's infrared LEDs to record crisp black and white video footage up to 150ft (46m) away and up to 98ft (30m) in complete darkness.
Built for the outdoors
While this camera is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, it has been especially designed to withstand the harsh impacts of nature. It has an IP67 rating, meaning it can tolerate extreme temperatures ranging from -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C). It also has a durable, all-metal housing for added protection.
Smart Sensor Starter Kit
The Lorex Smart Sensory Starter Kit expands your system and adds an extra layer of security to your home. Receive instant alerts to your phone with the Lorex Home mobile app whenever your door or windows are opened. The sensors feature simplified installation processes that save both time and money.
1 × Sensor Hub
1 × PIR Motion Sensor
2 × Door / Window Sensors
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product sizes may vary.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control smart deterrence features. You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to you security system with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. You can also download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds, or playback recorded footage. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
View your system through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV* (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
PoE plug-and-play installation
This 4K security camera system will be up and running in no time thanks to Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology. All that is required to connect each of your security cameras to your NVR is a single Cat5e ethernet cable run. This cable provides both power and video transmission up to 300 feet / 91m.
This NVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Smart Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
H.265 / HEVC encoding
This security camera is equipped with High-Efficiency Video Encoding (HEVC) or H.265 video compression. This encoding technology efficiently compresses file sizes. In fact, it can compress file sizes up to 50% more than files using the previous encoding technology (H.264), without any noticeable degradation in quality. HEVC encoding will also save you plenty of bandwidth while watching live or recorded video remotely.
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all channels1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity2
- View synchronized playback of up to 4 cameras at the same time
- Expand your security system with up to 8 IP cameras with built-in PoE ports
- Pair your system with up to two Lorex Fusion™ compatible Wi-Fi products such as Wi-Fi cameras, Doorbells, Floodlights, and more3
- Stream and record continuous video from your Wi-Fi cameras on your recorder
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands, compatible with Amazon and Google4
- Control your Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only)4
- Receive notifications when a person, vehicle or face is detected on your property from your Lorex Home™5
- Use Smart Search to Search through recorded footage and filter events for motion detected by person or vehicle and for face detection events6
- Max 6TB storage space with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Security Grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
Each N842A82 Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.