1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
3. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
5. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
Lorex is proud to introduce this versatile 4K (8 megapixel) IP security bundle to our Nocturnal line-up. It includes our advanced 4K capable 16-channel N881 Network Video Recorder (NVR) and four bullet cameras that are capable of real-time 30 frames-per-second 4K recording. With all of this on your side, plus twelve open channels to add further cameras, you can protect your home or small business with absolute confidence.
Capture the details you need with 4K resolution
The cameras in this Nocturnal security system use an 8.51 MP image sensor. This sensor is the reason these cameras record crisp 4K video that is well-defined and highly detailed. They also use wide-angle lenses that provide expansive field-of-views.
4× better than 1080p
The additional resolution provided by your 4K security cameras might turn out to be the difference you need. Should an incident ever occur on your property, you will be able to digitally zoom in further on distant objects when analyzing footage. This is because every frame contains 4× more pixels than you would receive with a 1080p HD security camera. So the details won't blur together as quickly when you zoom in, which means you have a much better chance to capture the specific evidence you require.
Smooth 30FPS recording
The cameras in this system are capable of recording at a real-time 30 frames per second (FPS) recording rate in 4K Ultra HD resolution. This high frame rate will provide you with exceptionally smooth on-screen movement and help capture the precise moment you need for evidence, simply because there are more frames available to choose from.
Say goodbye to grainy nighttime video for good. Nocturnal security cameras are equipped with powerful LED bulbs that emit infrared light in the camera's field of view. Invisible to the naked eye, but not to the camera, this infrared lighting will allow your security camera to see in complete darkness.
For an added level of nighttime protection, Nocturnal security cameras can also capture color footage, thanks to our state-of-the art Color Night Vision (CNV) technology. CNV brings extra details to light, such as the color of a car or a person's clothes, and also provides better contrast for enhanced detection.
Expanded coverage with built in microphone
Audio recording is available thanks to a built-in microphone within your cameras. Adding sound to your video footage offers you greater protection and extra evidence, especially if an event occurs off-camera.
* Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its products that fails to conform with local laws.
HDR - High Dynamic Range
HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a technology that works to ensure that you capture the most important details. It uses the difference between the darkest and lightest areas of the video to automatically adjust the picture's brightness. This results in optimized, highly-detailed security video in all lighting conditions.
DNR - Digital Noise Reduction
DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology is used by your security cameras to filter out noise (grain) from low-light settings, as well as any noise caused by motion. This provides you with a cleaner, more accurate image with better clarity, sharpness, and improved motion detection. It will also help reduce video file sizes as well, which will save you storage space on your NVR.
All-weather security camera
Mother Nature is no match for this security camera. Rated IP67, it can endure anything from torrential downpours to freezing snowstorms. So go ahead and place this security camera where you need it most.
Heavy duty metal housing
This housing of this security camera is built using high grade aluminum. This ensures that it is rugged enough to last for years and years, even if it is directly exposed to intense weather conditions.
Remote mobile viewing with Lorex Cloud App
Always have your security system at your fingertips with the Lorex Cloud™ app for your mobile device. Connect your NVR to Lorex Cloud™ and securely access your system no matter where you are in the world. See what your cameras see, watch recorded playback, and receive push notifications for motion-triggered events with the help of this app.
Plug-and-play installation with PoE technology
Lorex is proud to offer do-it-yourself IP camera systems. This system is no exception. Each IP camera needs only a single cable run to connect to your NVR. This cable provides both power and video transmission.
HEVC / H.265 compression
Keep the 4K footage without the 4K file sizes thanks to this camera's cutting-edge HEVC compression technology. HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Compression (also known as H.265 or MPEG-H Part 2), and is used by the camera to compress video file sizes without any noticable difference in quality. Please note that an NVR capable of receiving this type of compression is necessary to utilize this feature.
Reliable security-grade hard drive preinstalled
A 3TB security grade hard drive (expandable up to 2 × 10TB) comes preinstalled within this NVR. Designed to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring, this heavy-duty hard drive can reliably record weeks (even months) of footage without taking a break. All recorded footage is then safely stored on the hard drive where only you can access it, so there are no surprise fees or monthly cloud subscriptions.
Two storage bays
This NVR comes with two separate hard drive bays. Each of which can be upgraded with a hard drive up to 10TB, giving you the potential for a total of 20TB of storage space. You can also use the second hard drive to record videos in parallel with the primary hard drive. This way, the footage is automatically backed up if the recording hard drive fails
Regional motion zones
There may be certain areas of your property that you want to keep an extra eye on, such as the front or back door. Using the NVR, you can program specific motion zones so that they are customized for heightened sensitivity (the amount of motion needed to register that movement) and threshold (how much motion is needed before creating a motion "event"). That way you can highlight important spots such as entranceways so that even the slightest motion will trigger the camera to start recording while other areas would require a higher level of motion in order for the camera to start recording.
In the event that the camera is facing specific areas that you absolutely do not want recorded, simply activate the privacy masking option. Use the NVR to draw a square around the spot(s) you don't want the camera to record, such as a pool or inside window, and they will be blacked-out in your video footage.
Multiple recording options
Record security footage continuously, during scheduled times, or when movement is detected. These recording options can be customized with each camera as well, which means that you can program your main cameras to record all of the time while lower activity cameras can be set up to record only on motion events or during the night. This can save you plenty of hard drive space and allow you to keep older footage for longer. Motion recordings include a pre-recording function that will go back to record the five seconds before activity is detected, ensuring that you will never miss those first few vital moments of movement.
Receive automatic firmware updates
The NVR included in this security system is designed to automatically update its firmware without you having to push a button. This ensures that your NVR will always be up-to-date. Just make sure your NVR is connected to the internet.
- Record and view video up to 4K (8MP) resolution1
- View live footage in up to 30fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- 2 hard drive bays with up to 2 × 10TB of storage space
- Security grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 recording
- Storage mirroring for continuous back-up of data from one hard drive to another
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection4
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- This NVR system contains a built-in 16-channel capacity
Each N881A63B NVR Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
- Ultra HD 4K image sensor delivers 4× the detail of 1080p1
- 4K video recording provides ultra HD quality even when zoomed, offering clearer identification in video evidence
- Color Night Vision™ delivers full color nighttime video for improved recognition of objects in low light conditions2
- IR night vision range up to 275ft (84m) in ambient lighting3
- 3D-DNR Digital Noise Reduction for clear, accurate images
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology creates more detail in high-contrast scenes
- H.265 offers significant bandwidth and video storage savings over older compression technologies, extending the amount of video stored on the hard drive4
- Intelligent compression saves recording space by optimizing video performance based on available bandwidth
- Wide angle 111° field of view (horizontal)
- Ceiling / wall mountable
- Simple camera installation using a single CAT5e cable with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- 60ft (18m) CAT5e cable included per camera
- Extend the camera's video and power with a single Ethernet cable up to 300ft (91m) from the recorder
- Single–screw bracket adjustment for faster installation
- Cold climate capability (-22°F / -30°C)
- Weatherproof metal housing for outdoor & indoor installation (IP67 Rated)5
|Effective pixel area||3840(H)x2160 (V)||IR LED quantity||2pcs|
|IR LED viewing angle||2 x 120°||Camera FOV (H / V / D)||H:112.5° V:65° D: 125°|
|Imager Type||CMOS||Image Readout||Progressive Scan|
|Electronic Shutter Range||1/3(4)~1/100000s||Lens Type||Fixed|
|Lens Mount||Board-in Type||Iris Type||Fixed|
|Video Compression||H.265 / H.264||Aspect Ratio||16 : 9|
|Frame rates (Maximum)||4K (8mp) @ 30fps||Dynamic Range||Up to 90dB|
|Noise Reduction||3D||Digital Zoom||10x|
|Camera Body Material||Aluminum Alloy||Power Input||PoE (Power over Ethernet) Class 0 / 12V DC|
|Power over Ethernet||PoE (802.3af)||Power Consumption (Max)||6.7W|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C~+60°C||Operating Humidity||Less then 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-22°C~+60°C||Cold Start Temperature||-30°C|
Each LNB9232S Includes:
1. For the most up-to-date list of compatible recorders, visit www.lorextechnology.com/compatibility
2. Full color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision below 1 lux to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
3. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting and in total darkness. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area, and light reflection / absorption level of object. In low light, the camera will switch to black and white.
4. You must connect the camera to a supporting H.265 NVR to take advantage of H.265 compression. For instructions on enabling H.265 compression, visit lorextechnology.com/support
5. Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.