- For the most up-to-date list of compatible recorders, visit www.lorextechnology.com/compatibility
- Full color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision below 1 lux to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
- Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting and in total darkness. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area, and light reflection / absorption level of object. In low light, the camera will switch to black and white.
- You must connect the camera to a supporting H.265 NVR to take advantage of H.265 compression. For instructions on enabling H.265 compression, visit lorextechnology.com/support
- Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.
Add this versatile 4K zoom lens security camera to your IP security system. Belonging to Lorex's line of Nocturnal IP security cameras, this bullet security camera is dressed all in black and offers 4K resolution recording, long-range color night vision, extreme weather capabilities, a heavy-duty metal housing, and much more.
4K security monitoring
At the center of this security camera is a cutting edge 8.51 MP image sensor. This sensor is capable of recording 4K video, which is especially important for security camera footage. 4K footage will ultimately provide you with the best chance to capture useable evidence should an incident ever occur.
Over 8 million pixels
This 4K resolution security camera contains 4× the amount of pixels as a 1080p security camera. Instead of recording at a pixel ratio of 1920 × 1080 (a total of 2,073,600 pixels), this 4K camera can record at a pixel ratio of 3840 x 2160 (a total of 8,294,400 pixels). The higher amount of pixels offered by a 4K security camera allows for much better digital enhancing. This means that when you spot something in your footage that you need to zoom in on, specific details, such as facial features, will remain visible for longer as you zoom in further and further into the image.
4× optical zoom security camera
This Nocturnal IP security camera includes a unique zoom lens, otherwise known as a motorized varifocal lens, that enables remote customization of your viewing area (and focus). Focus on a small area in astonishing detail thanks to the 4× optical zoom or survey a larger scene for maximum coverage. These adjustments can be easily made with your Lorex NVR or through our free mobile apps.
Infrared Night Vision
See further into the dark than ever before. Nocturnal security cameras come with high powered infrared LEDs that flood the scene in front of the camera with infrared lighting. Invisible to the naked eye, but not to the camera, this infrared lighting will allow your security camera to see in complete darkness.
Color Night Vision (CNV™)
Add external lights around your nocturnal security camera to utilize our revolutionary Color Night Vision technology. With CNV, you'll be able to capture a whole new level of details, such as the color of a car or the color of a person's clothes, which may prove invaluable if needed for evidence.
Enhanced security monitoring with HDR
This security camera uses HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology to ensure that you capture the most important details, regardless of lighting conditions. Dynamic range is measured as the difference between the brightest point and the darkest point of the video. HDR technology uses this difference to automatically adjust the picture's brightness, resulting in optimized, highly-detailed security video.
Increased clarity in low-light situations
This camera uses 3D-DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology to filter out digital noise from low-light scenes, as well as any noise caused by motion. By eliminating graininess, your camera provides a cleaner, more accurate image with better clarity, sharpness, and improved motion detection. It will also help reduces video file sizes as well, giving you greater disc space for storage.
HEVC / H.265 compression
Keep the 4K footage without the 4K file sizes thanks to this camera's cutting-edge HEVC compression technology. HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Compression (also known as H.265 or MPEG-H Part 2), and is used by the camera to compress video file sizes without any noticable difference in quality. Please note that an NVR capable of receiving this type of compression is necessary to utilize this feature.
All-weather security camera
Mother Nature is no match for this security camera. Rated IP67, it can endure anything from torrential downpours to freezing snowstorms. So go ahead and place this security camera where you need it most.
Metal camera housing
This housing of this security camera is built using high-grade aluminum. This ensures that it is strong enough to withstand outdoor conditions for years to come.
Easy PoE installation
This security camera only needs a single Cat5e ethernet cable to connect it to a compatible NVR. This cable provides video transmission, power to the camera, a stable network connection, and installation flexibility up to 300ft (as the camera does not need to be plugged into a nearby power source).
4K Motorized Varifocal HD IP Bullet Security Camera Features:
- Ultra HD 4K image sensor delivers 4× the detail of 1080p1
- 4K video recording provides ultra HD quality even when zoomed, offering clearer identification in video evidence
- Color Night Vision™ delivers full color nighttime video for improved recognition of objects in low light conditions2
- IR night vision range up to 250ft (76m) in ambient lighting3
- ClearNight imaging for improved low light performance and improved recording efficiency
- True WDR (up to 100dB) creates more detail in high-contrast scenes
- H.265 offers significant bandwidth and video storage savings over older compression technologies, extending the amount of video stored on the hard drive4
- Intelligent compression saves recording space by optimizing video performance based on available bandwidth
- Remote zoom & focus, 2.7-12mm motorized varifocal AI lens, 102-39°(H) field of view
- Ceiling / wall mountable
- Simple camera installation using a single CAT5e cable with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- 100ft (30m) CAT5e cable included per camera
- Extend the camera's video and power with a single Ethernet cable up to 300ft (91m) from the recorder
- Cold climate capability (-22°F / -30°C)
- Weatherproof metal housing for outdoor & indoor installation (IP67 Rated)5
- ONVIF profiles S & T approved
|Effective pixel area||3840(H)x2160 (V)||IR LED quantity||4pcs|
|IR LED viewing angle||2× 45°, 2 × 100°||Camera FOV (H / V / D)||H:102°~39°; V:55°~22° D:125°~42°|
|Imaging Device||4K, 1/2.5 Inch||Effective Pixels||3840(H)x2160 (V)|
|Imager Type||CMOS||Image Readout||Progressive Scan|
|Day/Night||Auto(ICR)/Color/B/W||Field of View (H)||H:102°~39°|
|IR Illumination||76m||Video Output||RJ45|
|Electronic Shutter Range||1/3(4)~1/100000s||Lens Type||Motorized|
|Lens Mount||Board-in Type||Iris Type||Fixed|
|Video Compression||H.265 / H.264 / MJPEG||Aspect Ratio||16 : 9|
|Frame rates (Maximum)||4K @ 15fps / 2K (3MP) @ 30fps||Dynamic Range||Up to 90dB|
|Optical Zoom||4×||Digital Zoom||16x|
|Camera Body Material||Aluminum Alloy||Power Input||12V DC|
|Power over Ethernet||PoE (802.3af)||Power Consumption (Max)||7.8 W|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C~+60°C||Operating Humidity||Less then 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-30°C~+60°C||Cold Start Temperature||-30°C|
Each LNB8973BW Includes:
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.