1. 8MP IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Requires a high speed internet connection and a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 3.5Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
3. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
4. Compatible with Lorex PoE HD IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
5. Mirror recording requires a second hard drive (not included) to be installed in the NVR. Mirrored hard drive must be as large or larger than the primary hard drive to backup all recordings. Backup begins from when the mirrored hard drive is installed and configured.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity. Firmware updates are pushed to the NVR automatically over the Internet (available at www.lorextechnology.com). Always update to the latest software after upgrading the NVR firmware.
The next generation of security monitoring is here. The web exclusive HDIP844D features our 4K capable 8-channel NR900 network video recorder (NVR) and comes with eight 4 megapixel (2K) weatherproof IP cameras featuring outstanding color night vision capabilities. Leave nothing to the imagination with 2K security monitoring.
Digital security monitoring in 2K resolution
The LNB4221 bullet camera and the LNE4422 dome camera are both capable of capturing video at a 2K (4 megapixel) resolution. This quality can be the difference you need when identifying important details such as facial features. Both cameras also utilize wide angle 90° lenses to provide you with expansive fields of view from every camera.
2K resolution vs. 1080p resolution
1080p security cameras use a 1920 × 1080 pixel ratio. That is a total of 2,073,600 pixels. 2K security cameras, other the hand, use a pixel ratio of 2688 × 1520, totaling 4,085,760 active pixels. That is double the resolution of 1080p. This higher resolution will provide you with more details and clarity, not to mention an increased ability to zoom in on distant objects without drastically reducing image quality.
Smooth 30FPS recording
You can record 2K footage at 20 frames per second (FPS) or record at a real-time 30 FPS in 1080p HD. If your camera needs to be in a high traffic area, you may want to opt for 30 FPS. This will deliver the smoothest on-screen movement and can help capture the precise moment you need for evidence. This is simply because there are more frames available to choose from.
HDR - High Dynamic Range
HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a technology that works to ensure that you capture the most important details. It uses the difference between the darkest and lightest areas of the video to automatically adjust the picture's brightness. This results in optimized, highly-detailed security video in all lighting conditions.
DNR - Digital Noise Reduction
DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology is used by your security cameras to filter out noise (grain) from low-light settings, as well as any noise caused by motion. This provides you with a cleaner, more accurate image with better clarity, sharpness, and improved motion detection. It will also help reduce video file sizes as well, which will save you storage space on your NVR.
Fall asleep knowing you’re protected
Experience Lorex’s color night vision (CNV) technology. Both sets of IP security cameras will deliver full color video, even in low-light conditions. This unique feature provides an extra level of visual detail that may help identify people, or objects throughout the night. With night vision ranges up to 150ft in ambient lighting you can trust that your network cameras will be there for you around-the-clock. (Click for video)(Click for video)
PoE technology for plug-and-play installation
As a Do-It-Yourself security camera company, Lorex is proud to provide customers with security systems that feature easy-to-install set-ups. The HDIP844D web exclusive bundle is no exception. Your 2K security system will be up and running in minutes with its straightforward plug-and-play structure. Each IP camera needs only a single cable run to connect to your NVR camera thanks to Power-over-Ethernet technology. This all-in-one cable provides both power and video transmission up to 300ft / 91m (click here to purchase extension cables). A digital IP system like this can also incorporate a PoE switch. This switch can extend and minimize the amount of cabling required for larger properties.
Stay connected to your property with Lorex Cloud app for your mobile
Have your security system at your fingertips by downloading the free Lorex Cloud™ app for your mobile device or personal computer. Securely access your system no matter where you are in the world and see what your cameras see (or watch recorded playback) all from the palm of your hand. This app will also send you push notifications for motion-triggered events to help you stay in-the-know of events occuring on your property.
Weatherproof and vandal resistant IP security cameras
Versatile wall or ceiling installation options allow you to place your cameras wherever you need them most - indoors and outdoors. IP66 rated, the LNB4421 and LNE4422 2K security cameras are able to continue working through heavy rainfalls and blistering snowstorms. Their heavy-duty (yet durable) metal housings and vandal-resistant designs add further protection for safe outdoor application.
These Lorex security cameras have been rigorously tested in the most frigid conditions to ensure that they will continue to function even in extreme cold. Tested in temperatures as low as -22°F / -30°C, they are guaranteed to keep you secure, no matter what they endure.
140°F | 60°C
-22°F | -30°C
140°F | 60°C
-22°F | -30°C
Full Metal Camera Housings
Both sets of cameras in this system are built with a solid metal housing that protects them from both violent impacts and harsh weather. Engineered from the same material that is used in the construction of airplanes and cars, you can be confident that this corrosion-resistant aluminum body will persevere through rain, snow, and even hail for years and years.
24/7 heavy-duty security grade HDD
The 2TB security certified hard drive within the NR900 can safely store weeks (or even months) of recorded security footage. Engineered for the constant workload required by security monitoring, this HDD can continue to record even while you watch recorded footage.
High Efficiency Video Coding
Your bullet and dome security cameras both come with cutting-edge HEVC (otherwise known as H.265) video compression capabilities. With this compression, you will receive significantly better video quality with similar file sizes as H.264. This means that HEVC will keep the 2K video quality, but not the 2K file size. HEVC compression will also let you see the highest quality security footage on your smartphone or tablet without large data transfers.
Optimize your security monitoring
Customize each camera to record security footage continuously, during scheduled times, or when movement is detected. This means that you can program higher activity cameras to record all of the time while lower activity cameras can be set up to record only on motion events or during the night. Scheduled and motion options can save you plenty of hard drive space and allow to keep older footage for longer time periods. Motion recordings also include a pre-recording function that will go back to record the five seconds before activity is detected, ensuring that you will never miss those first few vital moments of movement.
Free NVR firmware updates
You will receive free automatic firmware updates to your NVR as long as it is connected to the internet. These updates and security patches will make sure that your NVR is always up-to-date and protected from any new vulnerabilities.
- Real-time recording up to 8MP on all channels - 4× the detail of 1080p
- Supports industry-leading 4K recording 1
- 8/16 built in PoE (Power over Ethernet) ports providing video and power over a single Ethernet cable
- RapidRecap® - see the day in a minute with hours of activity compiled into a short video summary
- Lorex Cloud™ apps for live viewing, playback, video recording & snapshots (iPhone® / iPad® / Android™) 2
- PC and Mac compatible - Lorex Cloud™ video management software gives you complete control over your security system from anywhere 2
- 24/7 security-grade pre-installed hard drive 3
- Expandable high capacity storage up to 16TB (2×8TB HDD)
- Automatically detects compatible IP cameras in the network 4
- 4K video output - view multiple HD channels at once in full resolution on a 4K TV
- H.265 / H.264 video compression offers reduced file size and improved network performance for remote viewing 3
- Mirror hard drive recording - secure your recordings by backing up footage to an internal hard drive at the same time as recording to the primary hard drive 5
- Pentaplex Operation - view, record, playback, back up & remotely control the system simultaneously
- Click-and-drag digital zoom in live view and playback
- Convenient front panel button controls
- Accurate time stamps with NTP & daylight savings time
- Instant backup of live video to a USB flash drive
- Automatic firmware upgrade over the Internet ensures your system is secure and up-to-date 6
- Push notifications of motion events
- Instant email alerts with snapshot attachment
- Multi-streaming to conserve bandwidth
- Continuous, scheduled, and motion recording
- Dual video outputs (HDMI and VGA) to connect multiple monitors
- HDMI cable included for simple connection to HD amp; 4K TVs
|Operating System||Linux (embedded)|
|Pentaplex||Simultaneous View, Record, Playback, Backup & Remote Monitoring|
|Number of Channels||8/16/32 Channels|
|Video IN||8ch: 8 PoE, 16/32ch: 16 PoE|
|Audio IN||1 Line IN (RCA) for service only|
|Audio OUT||1 Line OUT (RCA) for service only|
|USB Port||1 at the back, 1 at the front|
|Alarm IN||4 Alarm IN|
|Alarm OUT||2 Alarm OUT|
|Video Output Resolution||3840×2160, 1920×1080, 1280×1024, 1280×720, 1024×768|
|PTZ control||Lorex IP PTZ cameras only|
|Display||8ch: 1/4/8, 16ch: 1/4/8/9/16, 32ch: 1/4/8/9/16/25/36|
|Live Display Speed||8ch: 240fps NTSC / 200fps PAL, 16ch: 480fps NTSC / 400fps PAL, 32ch: 960fps NTSC / 800fps PAL|
|System Navigation||USB Mouse, IR Remote Control, Front Panel Buttons|
|Motion Area Setting||Fixed Grid (22×18)|
|Firmware Upgrade||Automatic over the Internet & via USB device and network|
|User Authority||By user group|
|Time Synchronization||Automatic time sync by NTP server|
|Video Compression||H.264 / H.265|
|Resolution||Up to 4K (3840×2160), 1080p (1920×1080)|
|Record Rate||8ch: 240fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP, 16ch: 480fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP, 32ch: 960fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP|
|Recording Resolution Setting||Per camera for different resolutions|
|Recording Quality Control||6 Levels|
|Recording Schedule||By hour, by day, by recording mode, by motion, by alarm, by channel|
|Pre Recording||Max. 4 Secs|
|Post Recording||Max. 5 Minutes|
|Reliability||Watch-Dog, auto-recovery after power failure|
|Playback Channel||1CH/4CH@4K, 8CH@4MP, 16CH@2MP|
|Playback Speed||Variable Max 16x|
|Playback Players||Backup Player|
|Search||By Time & Event|
|Log Search||Up to 1,000 lines for motion detected, configuration, changes, connects/disconnects and video loss|
|Audio Play||Yes (audio camera required)|
|Storage||Up to 2 HDDs (SATA)|
|Maximum Capacity||Up to 2×8TB (16TB Max)|
|Backup Media||USB Flash Drive & HDD|
|Backup File Format||DAV or ASF File|
|Cloud Connection||Lorex Cloud™|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows™ / Mac OS X|
|Remote Software||Client Software (PC & Mac)|
|Email Notification||Text with snapshot|
|Instant Smart Phone & Tablet||Android™, iPad®, iPhone®|
|DDNS||Free Lorex DDNS|
|System Configuration||Full setup configuration over network|
|Ports||Programmable by User|
|Network Protocol||HTTP, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, UPNP, RTSP, UDP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, DNS, PPPOE, DDNS, FTP, IP Filter|
|Network Interface||10/100/1000-Base-TX, RJ-45|
|Network Bit Rate||320Mbps total, 48~8192kbps per camera|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 15W (no HDD included)|
|Supply Voltage||100VAC-240VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Total PoE Power Output||130W (Max 25W per Camera)|
|Unit Dimensions (W × D × H)||14.7 × 12.9 × 2.1" / 375 × 327 × 53mm|
|Unit Weight||8ch: 5.1lbs / 2.6kg, 16/32ch: 13.2lbs / 2.7kg|
|Operating Temperature||14° ~ 131°F / -10° ~ 55°C|
|Humidity||10 ~ 90% RH|
Each NR9082 Includes:
1. 8MP IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
- High definition 4mp image sensor delivers double the detail of 1080p1
- 4mp Super HD video recording provides superior quality for reviewing fine details in heightened resolution
- Color Night Vision™ provides full color images at night, letting you identify objects and people more accurately than in black & white2
- IR night vision range up to 150ft (40m) in ambient lighting and 90ft (27m) in total darkness3
- ClearNight imaging for improved low light performance and improved recording efficiency
- H.265 offers significant bandwidth and video storage savings over older compression technologies, extending the amount of video stored on the hard drive4
- True High Dynamic Range (HDR) improves image clarity in high-contrast lighting, revealing details in extremely bright and dark areas of the image
- Intelligent compression saves recording space by optimizing video performance based on available bandwidth
- Wide angle 90
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.