1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Advanced Person/Vehicle Motion Detection can be enabled on up to 8 channels at once. General motion detection will still be available on all remaining channels.
3. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
8. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
Know that your property is secure while you're there and while you're away with this Nocturnal security camera system from Lorex. This system includes six powerful Nocturnal security cameras and a powerful 16-channel Network Video Recorder (NVR). Along with 4K recording resolution, the longest night vision ranges available, and extreme weather performance, your security cameras include motorized zoom lenses that allow you to adjust the camera's field of view to suit your monitoring needs. These features, plus ten open channels on the NVR, makes this an incredibly versatile security system perfect for any type of property.
Capture the details you need with 4K resolution
4K Nocturnal security cameras use an 8.51 megapixel (MP) image sensor. This sensor is capable of producing exceptionally sharp 4K video that will give you the best chance to capture distinct details, such as facial features.
4× better than 1080p
The difference between a 1080p security camera and a 4K security camera is quite large. A 1080p security camera, for example, records at a pixel ratio of 1920 × 1080 - a total of 2,073,600 pixels. A 4K security camera, on the other hand, records at a pixel ratio 3840 × 2160 - a total of 8,294,400 pixels. That's an additional 6,220,800 pixels! Ultimately, this higher pixel count results in a much higher quality of video, with sharp definitive lines that distinctly outline every object and feature. It also allows for better digital zooms when you need to zoom into your footage. So specific details will remain legible for longer and give you a better chance of capturing the details you need.
4× optical zoom security camera
The Nocturnal bullet security cameras come with a unique zoom lens. Otherwise known as a motorized varifocal lens, this type of lens enables remote customization of your field of view (and focus). This means that you can either focus on a small area in astonishing detail thanks to the 4× optical zoom or survey a larger scene for maximum coverage. These adjustments can be easily made with your NVR or through our free mobile apps.
Say goodbye to grainy nighttime video for good. Nocturnal security cameras are equipped with powerful LED bulbs that emit infrared light in the camera's field of view. Invisible to the naked eye, but not to the camera, this infrared lighting will allow your security camera to see in complete darkness.
For an added level of nighttime protection, Nocturnal security cameras can also capture color footage, thanks to our state-of-the art Color Night Vision (CNV) technology. CNV brings extra details to light, such as the color of a car, a person's clothes, and also provides better contrast for enhanced detection.
Active mechanical lens filter
An Active Mechanical Lens Filter (otherwise known as an IR Cut Filter) prevents UV and infrared light rays from entering the lens during the day. This ensures that these types of lights won't cause any discolorations or distortions of the video. The filter will then automatically disengage at night, allowing the infrared light into the lens.
Enhanced security monitoring with HDR
Differing lighting conditions within the same scene (such as an indoor camera that can see outdoors) is not an issue for your Nocturnal security cameras. They use an HDR (High Dynamic Range) feature that uses the difference between the brightest point and the darkest point of the video to automatically adjust the picture's brightness. This results in optimized, highly-detailed security video in all sections of the frame.
Increased clarity in low-light settings
Nocturnal security cameras deliver clean, accurate video with exceptional clarity and sharpness thanks to their 3D-DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology. This feature filters out digital noise from the video, eliminating graininess, as well as any noise caused by motion.
All-weather security camera
Feel free to install your Nocturnal security cameras outdoors. They are rated IP67, which is the highest environmental rating available.
Durable metal camera housing
Your security cameras are housed in high grade aluminum. This means that they can last for years and years, even if they are directly exposed to intense weather conditions.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home
This system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. With Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely through your smartphone or tablet. You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications and email alerts with screenshot attachments straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the DVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage).
PoE technology for simple plug-and-play installation
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology is an all-in-one solution that cuts cost and installation time. A single cable run between your NVR and IP camera provides both power and video transmission so you don't have to install your camera near a plug.
Reliable security-grade hard drive preinstalled
A 3TB security grade hard drive (expandable up to 2 × 8TB) comes preinstalled within this NVR. Designed to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring, this heavy-duty hard drive can reliably record weeks (even months) of footage without taking a break. All recorded footage is then safely stored on the hard drive where only you can access it, so there are no surprise fees or monthly cloud subscriptions.
HEVC / H.265 compression
Both sets of cameras and the NVR included here use HEVC compression technology. HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Compression (also known as H.265 or MPEG-H Part 2), and is used to compress video file sizes without any noticeable difference in quality. This lets you keep the 4K footage without the 4K file sizes. It will also let you watch the highest quality security footage while you are away from your home or business without large data transfers.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest and automatically playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
Regional motion zones
There may be certain sections in the camera's field of view that you want to focus more on, such as the front door, garage or backyard. Create up to four custom motion zones for each camera and adjust the motion sensitivity to best suit your needs. That way, even the slightest movement near important areas, such as an entranceway, will trigger the camera and create a motion event, but inanimate objects like trees or bushes would need more significant movement in order to set off the motion detection.
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection6
- Get push notifications when motion from a person or vehicle is detected (available on up to 8 channels)3
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- 2 bay hard drive with up to 2 × 8TB of storage space with no hidden monthly fees
- Local built-in security grade hard drive
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD resolution on all cameras
- View live footage in up to 15fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (Compatible with: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)4
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Apple TV and Chromecast)4
Each N861D63B Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
- Ultra HD 4K image sensor delivers 4× the detail of 1080p1
- 4K video recording provides ultra HD quality even when zoomed, offering clearer identification in video evidence
- Color Night Vision™ delivers full color nighttime video for improved recognition of objects in low light conditions2
- IR night vision range up to 250ft (76m) in ambient lighting3
- ClearNight imaging for improved low light performance and improved recording efficiency
- True WDR (up to 100dB) creates more detail in high-contrast scenes
- H.265 offers significant bandwidth and video storage savings over older compression technologies, extending the amount of video stored on the hard drive4
- Intelligent compression saves recording space by optimizing video performance based on available bandwidth
- Remote zoom & focus, 2.7-12mm motorized varifocal AI lens, 102-39
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.